Get Your Passport
Here is what you need to know:
- Applicants for passports must be U. S. Citizens.
- All applicants must appear in person.
- Both parents must appear in person for minors under the age of 16. Please read additional information about this process HERE
Routine processing takes 4-6 weeks from the application date.
Expedited processing takes approximately 2-3 weeks from the application date. Additional fees apply.
PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP
- Certified birth certificate from the county or state where you were born
- A Naturalization certificate
- Certificate of citizenship
- A valid passport book or card
Click HERE for information on obtaining your New Mexico birth certificate.
If you do not have any of the above documents please click HERE
PROOF OF IDENTITY
- Previous U.S. passport book/ passport card
- Valid driver’s license
- Certificate of Naturalization with identifiable photo
- Official U.S. military or military dependent identification card
- Government employee identification card
- Current (valid) passport
- DS-11 form can be found HERE
- IF you are printing your DS-11 at home please ensure that the form prints on two separate pages, not front and back.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
[ ] Proof of citizenship
[ ] Proof of identity- Provide a clear photocopy of front and back of ID
[ ] Two 2X2 passport photos
[ ] Passport application fee
[ ] Execution fee
[ ] DS-11 form
Click HERE for a printable checklist of all required documents and forms.
THERE ARE TWO SEPARATE PAYMENTS - NO CASH OR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED
1. PASSPORT APPLICATION FEE
- Must be paid with check or money order.
- Make check or money order payable to "U.S. Department of State".
2. EXECUTION FEE - $25.00
- Can be paid with check or money order.
- Make check or money order payable to "UNM Global Education Office"
Fees are Non-refundable.
Temporary or starter checks are not accepted.
Click HERE for the full Passport Fees Chart.
Click HERE for information about passport photos.
- We can make copies of your documents for you for $1 per page- NO CASH ACCEPTED.
- You will need to submit a copy of both the front and the back of your identification with your Passport application.